Celo Event & Project Management
Our professional, highly experienced onsite management team will skilfully run all key areas of an event. Trust us to interpret your vision and develop an effective strategy for any event type. From the intimate to the large-scale we cover everything from conferences to exhibitions, festivals, sporting events, teambuilding and more. We’ll even create incentives and ensure registration processes run smoothly.
We are project experts, and we will take on the management of your project over an extended period of time on your behalf. Our project based offering is a multi-faceted cohesion of all the elements that make up an event including all aspects of planning and management, right through to post-event reporting. With a defined critical path, timelines normally run for 2 months or longer per project.
From concept to seamless execution, Celo events are always memorable.
Celo creates events both nationally and internationally, take a look at some of our notable achievements:
FMX World Series (2004/2005)
As part of a 17-part World Series, Celo successfully brought the World FMX Series to the African continent for the first time. Over the two years under our management South Africa received the following accolades:
- Best track design & setup,
- Best medical setup
- Best overall operational event management in the 17 part World Series.
Celo served as joint festival organisers for the second largest oyster festival in South Africa (and the largest in Gauteng).
At the last festival over 43, 000 oysters sold in 14 hours of trade.
An event of gastronomic proportions!
- In 2008, Chef Lehan Botha was one of two South African chefs to take part in the 10 Year celebration of Diplomatic relations between South Africa and China in Hong Kong.
- Hosted at the Shangri-La Kowloon Hotel, the chefs presented authentic South African cuisine to more than 300 guests per night over a 10 day period.
- An array of events treated guests to a glimpse of what our rainbow nation has to offer, they included:
- A fashion show with SA’s top designers,
- A gala dinner with the ambassadors and other VIP delegates,
- A South African wine pairing with John Platter and others.
In celebration of Heritage Day and the hosting of the FIFA World Cup in South Africa in 2010, Celo were invited to produce an authentic and local South African experience in Athens.
This was done in collaboration with partners: Qatar, the South African Embassy and the renowned 5 Star Metropolitan Hotel.
Celo was proudly appointed as the events company charged with the facilitation and delivery of the 7-day safari leg at the Legend Golf & Safari Resort for two years running.
We handled full programme conceptualisation, implementation and delivery, including all food, beverage and banqueting functions.
Celo was delighted to Project Manage the delivery and execution of the FIFA / OC VIP Hospitality Programme for the FIFA Confederations Cup 2009, and the FIFA World Cup 2010 (with a total of 53 983 guests), reporting directly to the Head of Catering & Guest Management. This programme was implemented within all 10 host cities, at each event, according to predefined and agreed to standards.
We took on the following:
- Conceptualisation and implementation of the Commercial & Affiliates Programmes for all stadia
- Development Food & Beverage concepts for all stadia.
- Implementation of all production and operational facilities
- Management of all catering areas during tournament with catering companies for all stadia.
Gary Player Invitational (2011)
Celo were the Event Consultants for the Gary Player Invitational handling the overall on-site project management and event delivery on behalf of Fairmont Zimbali.
Nedbank Golf Challenge (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
As Event Consultants, we manage overall event delivery for NGC Operations Office.
Our core focus is on re-alignment / re-introduction of best practice operating procedures and processes. Celo ensures efficient and effective overall event delivery, staff training, and relationship management (sponsors, suppliers and other resort departments). In addition to this, we are charged with identifying and implementing cost efficiencies, managing and delivering a savings to the budget.